Saturday, July 1, 2017

Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney

"We are all made of flesh and stars, but we all become dust in the end. Best to shine while you can." - Alice Feeney, Sometimes I Lie

Synopsis from Goodreads:
My name is Amber Reynolds.
There are three things you should know about me:
1. I'm in a coma.
2. My husband doesn't love me anymore.
3. Sometimes I lie.


I'm going to just go ahead and say that even though I'm going to have to read it again to fully grasp exactly what happened, that this book deserves a million stars. I haven't had a book take me by surprise so many times like this one has. I had no idea what was coming, and there were so many twists and turns I was never settled throughout the whole time it took me to read.

As far as psychological thrillers go, this one definitely takes the cake for the best one I've read in quite a few years. I can't remember ever reading a book with a more unreliable narrator ever in my life. I felt like I had whiplash from all of the things I thought I knew then were snatched right out from underneath my nose.

All of the characters within this book are so well developed. Some of them are downright terrifying, and all of them are very crucial to how things play out. The only word that could come to me after finishing was "phew!" I'm glad it's over, but I know it's going to be replaying in my head for weeks to come. Do yourself a favor, and pick this book up when it comes out on March 13th, 2018.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions herein are of my own and are not swayed by another outside factors.
Reactions:

1 comment: