Friday, March 31, 2017

March Monthly Recap


What's been going on in my life in the month of March?

Not much...except for the fact that I got engaged! I had known it was coming for awhile now, but it was still the best thing that's happened to me for awhile now. He was super sweet when he asked and was a little (okay a lot) shy. He honestly is such a great man and I couldn't imagine myself with anyone else. We won't be planning our wedding anytime soon, but once things get relatively settled down in our lives, we'll start planning it.

I also just attended the funeral of my best friend's grandpa today. It was all unexpected and threw us for a loop. I've spent the last three days keeping her busy while arrangements were being made. I've known her since around the third grade so I also feel like I lost a family member through her losing her grandpa. I came home and immediately set to writing this to keep my mind off how sad of a day it was for all of us.

I also cut my hair! I got quite a bit of length off the sides because I wanted a v cut hairstyle, and I got bangs! I definitely needed a hair cut and I feel like pounds got taken off my head. 





1. The Boy's Life - I have no idea what it is with me and young DiCaprio or Depp movies but I feel like I love them a little bit more than any of the recent movies they've played in. They're both super handsome now, but their acting was so much more raw back then.

2. August Underground (don't click if easily disturbed) - I convinced my best friend these were actual tapes made my serial killers and all throughout the movie I didn't tell her the truth. I finally confessed after we watched it but it made the movie worse for her thinking the murders were real.
I'm a jerk. Haha.

3. Tom and Jerry Meet Sherlock Holmes - Hey, I needed a feel-good cartoon because I was down at the time and I love Sherlock and Tom and Jerry so this one was a no-brainer.


I really need to start reading more because two books within a month is horrible compared to what I know I can read!

1. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo - Highly recommend this book! I didn't want to put it down at any time because I needed to get to the end to find out what happens. It doesn't leave any part of me hanging except for my jaw due to the twist at the end!

2. Goodbye Days - Super fast read! Not recommended if you want a fluffy or light-hearted contemporary. Still a recommended book if you don't mind a few (or a flood of) tears.

I'm currently reading The Wood by +Chelsea Bobulski. I love it so far! I haven't shed any tears yet but a few threatened to come out in the beginning of the book. It's a really enchanting read.
Thanks for tuning into my life! See you next month. :)
Reactions:

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the engagement!! How exciting. Sorry for your loss though. I can't wait to get to the new TJR book. Glad to hear you liked it. I am reading Goodbye Days now and took a while for me to get into it but now it is moving fast. definitely not fluffy!! Have a great month!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I have a feeling you won't be let down with her new book, it was so good. :) You have a great month as well!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your engagement! So exciting! Have fun planning the wedding. I am glad to here Evelyn Hugo was good...I am very much so looking forward to reading that. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting engaged! That's so exciting! Also I'm barely reading one book a month right now so be proud of reading two! <3 xxx
    http://www.samanthafrances.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting engaged! That's so exciting! I've had a few months with only 2 books read. So I know how you feel. I hope you get more reading in this month!

    ReplyDelete