Friday, September 9, 2016

Book Review || The Assassin and the Underworld by Sarah J. Maas


Title: The Assassin and the Underworld
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Pages: 102

Synopsis from Goodreads:
When the King of the Assassins gives Celaena Sardothien a special assignment that will help fight slavery in the kingdom, she jumps at the chance to strike a blow against an evil practice. The misson is a dark and deadly affair which takes Celaena from the rooftops of the city to the bottom of the sewer--and she doesn't like what she finds there.

My Thoughts:
I really love reading these novellas before diving into the actual series. It's so action-packed! Although Celaena didn't get any better as a character this time around, I still enjoyed the plot. Talk about betrayal, eh? I've never seen a character go through so much in such a small amount of time. It's insane! I've never felt so broken-hearted for a character I've hated so much before, but Sarah J. Maas managed to do it.
This novella made me adore Sam ten times more. He's such a sweetie and a total swoon-worthy character. It normally takes me a lot to be won over by a character but Sam somehow seemed to do it with a great amount of ease. 

No comments:

Post a Comment