Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Book Review || The Assassin and the Pirate Lord


Title: The Assassin and the Pirate Lord
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Pages: 70
Rating: 3/5

Synopsis from Goodreads:
On a remote island in a tropical sea, Celaena Sardothien, feared assassin, has come for retribution. She’s been sent by the Assassin’s Guild to collect on a debt they are owed by the Lord of the Pirates. But when Celaena learns that the agreed payment is not in money, but in slaves, her mission suddenly changes—and she will risk everything to right the wrong she’s been sent to bring about. 

My thoughts:
Overall, I decently liked this novella, so I'll be reading the others once I find them. I love the fact that the main character is a woman and she's super strong and no one dares lay a finger on her, and if they do, they don't live to regret it.
The thing that bugged me the most about Celaena is the fact that she is extremely jaded. Cocky to the point of annoyance, but I'm hoping that'll change at the books go on. Even as the best of the assassin's, she still has a fight on her hands with the Lord of the Pirates when he catches her. I also had an issue with the fact that she tried super hard to act as if Sam weren't of any special importance to her, but as the story went on we saw that she was hiding major feelings for him. That was predictable, but what's a story without some hateful romance, am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment