Thursday, September 8, 2016

Book Review || The Assassin and the Desert by Sarah J. Maas


Title: The Assassin and the Desert
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Pages: 103
Find on Goodreads.
Buy the novella here.

Synopsis from Goodreads:
The Silent Assassins of the Red Desert aren’t much for conversation, and Celaena Sardothien wouldn’t have it any other way. She’s not there to chatter, she’s there to hone her craft as the world’s most feared killer for hire. When the quiet is shattered by forces who want to destroy the Silent Assassins, Celaena must find a way to stop them, or she’ll be lucky to leave the desert alive.

My Thoughts:
I love this novella far better than the first one I read, and I haven't read the second yet, so I can't compare this one to that one. Even though I figured the desert setting would be SUPER boring, it wasn't at all. It did fatigue me, and make this hot day even worse, but I love books that can pull you in with their settings.


This book definitely has it all. Betrayal, death, sadness. Happiness is missing from this, although Celaena does get a mini triumph in the form of a gift at the end of the novella, it was a small one, but at least it was something. 

I can withstand Celaena's personality a bit better in this one, because in the first novella I read she was way too cocky for my liking, but I think what she has been through over the course of a few months has tamed it at least a little bit.

Can't wait to start the next one!
Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment