Friday, August 12, 2016

The Harry Potter Book Tag

Even though I wasn't tagged, I wanted to do it anyway! There's only one rule to this book tag: You can't answer any of these questions with any of the Harry Potter books. I found this book tag from here. Make sure you check her blog out!

A book you found interesting but would like to re-write
I don't have an answer to this question, actually. I'm definitely more of a reader than a writer, so I wouldn't be able to take over someone's story and tell them how I would re-write it. I know there are a few books where they were standalone books than left major cliffhangers for the readers to come up with the answers to the questions on their own, and I dislike that so much, but I wouldn't go and completely muck up someones story just because of it.

A first book in a series that got you hooked:
Shiver by +Maggie Stiefvater 
I remember reading this book when my teacher in high school sent it with my boyfriend home for me to read when I was about to pop with my son Alec. I fell in love so fast with not only the writing, but the font, as well as the different colored text. I just remember it being so different from all the books I had read before it definitely left a lasting impact on me.

A book you wish you could have right now:
The May Queen Murders by +Sarah Jude 
I've heard nothing but good things about this book, so it's the highest on my wish-list currently.

A killer book:
An Evil Mind by Chris Carter 
This book qualifies because it's about a serial killer who is always one step ahead. A sadistic serial killer who likes to kidnap, mutilate, and torture. On top of that it has amazing character development and suspense. 

A book you found confusing:
I haven't really found any books I've read confusing.


Your spirit animal book:
This is the best book I have ever read. Anytime anyone asks me for a book recommendation, this is what I give them. It has the perfect amount of grief, hope, and love within its pages that I just think everyone should read this book.

A dark, twisted book:
Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews
I feel like this is a given, because it's a book that I *think* most people have either heard of or read, but if you haven't, trust me on this: it is the most twisted story I've read.

A book that surprised you in a great way, reveals to be more than it is:I'm gonna go with Eleanor by Jason Gurley again. It turned out completely different than how I thought it would, and it was such a good surprise that it stuck with me and it's the book I rave about the most here on this blog.

That's the end of the book tag, and since I don't really talk to many bloggers on a daily basis, I nominate anyone who feels up for doing it! :)



5 comments:

  1. Such a cool tag :) It makes it so easy to learn about new books. I fell in love with shiver too, such an amazing book. Although i read the first book of the series in German and there was no such thing as colored text :(

    Shared it on twitter ;)
    Cheers,
    Juliet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! :( The colored text was definitely my favorite part besides the story line! Thanks so much for sharing.

      Delete
  2. Haven´t read any of them, will check some out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this. I haven't read a book for a long time, but I should and want to find a few good ones :)

    http://adeliciousmoments.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun tag! Yeah I definitely wouldn't know where to begin if I thought about rewriting a book o.O I'm not a very good writer anymore haha. I actually haven't heard of The May Queen Murders, I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete