Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Instagram Round-Up #1!



Hello everyone! I'm going to start a *hopefully* weekly post of my IG photos. I started my bookstagram less than a week ago and I've had a downpour of love and welcome from the community! Feel free to follow me here if you wish to do so!
August 11, 2016
Started my strictly book related Instagram on the 11th, and this was the first photo on it. Featuring my fox socks and an ARC of Caraval by +Stephanie Garber 

August 11, 2016
This is a letter to Scarlett, the main character in Caraval giving her a warm welcome to the game. I felt the need to snap a photo. 

August 12, 2016

This was the last photo of Caraval I posted on IG. I couldn't help but rave about it. It's just so pretty!

August 13, 2016
My friend Kaley has a small little book box down the road from her so we paid a visit to it and I had to snap a photo of course. There's nothing like this close to where I live, so it's so exciting to see one of these! All you do is drop off books you're done with, and then pick new ones out of the box you wanna read. How cool is that?

August 14, 2016
 The Ten Best Days Of My Life by Adena Halpern and Anarchy and Old Dogs by +Colin Cotterill are the books I got from the book box. I picked the flower to add to the purple on the book. I enjoyed the smell of it all day behind my ear afterwards. ;)

August 15, 2016
I entered a giveaway contest on IG! I had to enter because not only do you have a chance to win Once Upon a Prince and Princess Ever After by Rachel Hauck, but you can win a set of pineapple magnetic bookmarks and a Moongs panda sticky notes. Perfect props for future book spreads! You can enter on Instagram here. And here is their actual website!

August 15, 2016
I received this ARC of Ghosts by +Raina Telgemeier from +Scholastic! It looks like it'll be a fast read, and the synopsis is amazing.

August 16, 2016
After I hit 50 followers on my bookstagram IG, (61 now!) I decided to finally write a post telling my followers who I was and some facts about my life.

August 16, 2016
And last but not least, my FIRST book spread ever! I was tagged by owlreadnow for the bookishletter tag and my letter was J. It's not the best, but it was an attempt and I had a ton of fun finding things to match my lovely copy of Jane Eyre.  




7 comments:

  1. Loved all your snaps!! I ADORE the one of the free library out front. I want my husband to build me something so that I can get this going near our house!! I think my daughter would love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I loved the little library as well! It such a great idea. You should definitely ask your husband to do it. A lot of adults/children would benefit from it. :)

      Delete
  2. This is so fun! Love all of the shots. Jane Erye is such a wonderful book:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I didn't read it until I was out of school and had absolutely nothing to do, but I'm so glad I finally sat down to read it. :)

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of a book Instagram! I am a book lover, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bookstagram community is my favorite community on IG. Definitely the most warm and welcoming one I've ever been in. :)

      Delete
  4. What a cool idea for an Instagram. I absolutely love the little book box.

    ReplyDelete