Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Comic Book Review || The Wicked + The Divine, Issue 1 (Single Issue)


Title: The Wicked + The Divine, Issue 1 (Single Issue)
Author: Kieron Gillen
Pages: 144
Published: November 12, 2014

Synopsis from Goodreads:
Every ninety years, twelve gods incarnate as humans. They are loved. They are hated. In two years, they are dead. The team behind critical tongue-attractors like Young Avengers and PHONOGRAM reunite to create a world where gods are the ultimate pop stars and pop stars are the ultimate gods. But remember: just because you’re immortal, doesn’t mean you’re going to live forever.

My thoughts:
I've been wanting to read The Wicked + The Divine for awhile. The cover was what initially caught my attention because I'm a firm believer in judging a book by its cover. Horrible! I know. I honestly just adore the artwork in this comic. Everything is so brightly colored.

**Possible spoilers ahead**
Basically, a fan-girl of these pop star gods ends up passing out and gets to go backstage where she comes back to, meeting Luci. Only my favorite character I've met so far. So fierce, handsomely beautiful, and has sass down to a T. The mythology is a plus for me because it is such an intriguing subject, so I was most definitely instantly hooked. In doing so, she witnesses first-hand Luci being framed for murder.
There is a little bit that I am confused on with reading the first volume, but any first book of anything is going to be a little vague. The author can't let everything show within the first volume, because then there would be no reason to read on. I really can't wait to start the second volume! I'm so excited. 
Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment