Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Comic Book Review || The Wicked + The Divine Issue #2 (Single Issue)


Title: The Wicked + The Divine #2 (Single Issue)
Author: Kieron Gillen
Pages: 32
Buy the book: Amazon

Synopsis from Goodreads:
Diabolically divine pop-god Lucifer is in trouble. She offers superfan Laura an unprecedented deal if she helps. It’s a bargain. A Faustian bargain, and they always turn out so well. Who knows who Laura will turn to fulfill it? We do. Clearly. It’s our comic. You can know too if you buy this fine pictorial narrative with your human money coins.

Thoughts:
In this issue, the fan-girl we were introduced to in the first issue visits Luci after being framed for murder. In order to prove that Luci is innocent, she has to bring the other Gods together. In tow, a smart-assy journalist comes up with some information on where "The Morrigan" could be found.

Did I say in my first review that I was hooked? Yes? Well, I'm saying it again. I am loving the characters, and how well drawn they are. All of the conversations between characters are great, and help the story flow very well. The dialogue in this book can be summed up into one word: witty. I can't help but to smile at everything Luci says, and when I met Baphomet I swear my heart melted. Why is he so extremely gorgeous and built?!
Seriously guys, CHECK THESE COMICS OUT, I am so, so glad I finally decided to pick them up. I need some of the artwork put up in my room somewhere.
Reactions:

11 comments:

  1. It sounds like this has some colorful and diverse characters. I'm curious to check out the plot for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this, but I am not really into comic books. My youngest brother used to collect them and it was always interesting to see all o the colorful characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like something my son would be interested in. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My nephew is into comics big time. I shall steer him in the direction of this series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter is getting into comic books. This may be one she would like in the next year or two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband is a huge fan of comic books. I will have to ask if he is interested in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fantastic read! I'm sure other comic lovers agree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fantastic read! I'm sure other comic lovers agree!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son is a big comic book fan, he has boxes and boxes of them. I bet he would like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love my graphic novels and comic books! Thanks for introducing me to this title.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love comic books! I can see how you got hooked. This looks like a great series!

    ReplyDelete