Friday, July 1, 2016

Book Review || Flowers in the Attic by V.C. Andrews

Title: Flowers in the Attic
Author: V.C. Andrews
Pages: 416
Rating: 5/5
Buy the book: Amazon

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Review:
I began reading this book due to my best friend recommending it to me. I had seen it in passing while I browsed my local library's stacks but skimmed over it because it didn't seem like a book I would enjoy. Boy, was I wrong.
I don't necessarily want to say that I like books where people suffer, but it does make for good reading material. As long as it's not based off of a real person's suffering. This book screwed with me in more ways than one. It made me sick in some spots, and threw me for multiple loops at the end. I just could not get a break while reading it. It was non-stop horror after horror and I felt so bad for not only Cathy and Chris, but the little babies Cory and Carrie as well. I wanted to reach into that horrible attic and take them out and care for them myself.
The whole time I hated the grandmother for what she was doing, but as it turns out something far more sinister was happening and I had no idea how horrible it actually was. I'm going to jump right into reading the second one because I have to find out how things ended up for this perfect little family and if they really did end up getting the lives they deserve.

3 comments:

  1. I have never read this cause someone in high school said something about there being incest in it? I'm guessing, from the review, that's not the only weird/creepy thing that happens. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth a read. I can't say spoilers BUT it's a classic that needs to be read. :) I don't have it but I'd say the library does. Super quick read even for a big book.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete