Monday, July 4, 2016

Book Review || And Again by Jessica Chiarella

Title: And Again
Author+Jessica Chiarella
Pages: 320
Buy the book: Amazon

Imagine if you were terminally ill, but given a second chance through human cloning. This gives you the same exact body of your own, except brand new. Baby skin. No tattoos, no scars, nothing. Your skin is unmarred and there are no ravaging diseases inside your body. You're clean and free. Would you do it? Or would your morals stop you? This story follows Hannah, David, Connie and Linda and how their lives change after following through with the operation.

This is a very character-driven story with a hint of sci-fi to it, but it's not overbearing. I got to know these characters and felt exactly what they were feeling. I knew why they made the choices they were making, and I understand why they were confused and felt the way they did after the operation. It was an incredibly fast read, so it made me want to slow down and savor the characters and their situations.
I love the fact that Chiarella perfectly managed to convey a sense of uneasiness and awkwardness through the characters about their new bodies. It shows how uncomfortable they are in the new ones, and how they're missing their old ones no matter how bad the old ones were used up. Definitely a recommended read for anyone who is interested about human cloning, or someone who really likes a quick and easy read that will stay with you for months after.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are of my own.

Reactions:

9 comments:

  1. Very intriguing idea for a book! the premise sounds awesome and mad respect to you for promoting books in this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's what makes me the happiest. :)

      Delete
  2. Interesting topic..I can definitely see why you might keep thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds VERY interesting! I asked myself if I would do it if I was in the situation and I leaned toward yes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds interesting and unlike anything I've ever read. Sounds like a movie in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I was not expecting that when I read the title of the book. Such an interesting topic. I'll definitely have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh this sounds very interesting, I'm going to have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds great. I know religiously I am against cloning, but just maybe .... I would love to read it!

    ReplyDelete