Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Review || Pure Evil by Jesse Bastide

Title: Pure Evil
Author+Jesse Bastide
Pages: 180
Genre: Horror
Format: Kindle

Synopsis:
Devon isn't the most popular kid on the playground. In fact, he's so unpopular the other kids seem to have thought that it was okay to throw rocks at him. After waking up in the hospital from a coma the grisly rock induced, he finds out that he's not the only one inside his head. Someone who has came to him presented to him as a friend, but is really pure evil in a cloak. Uncle Joe, a horror writer comes to Devon's rescue after finding out that Devon's problems are all too familiar. Can Joe help Devon before what happened to his brother ends up happening to his nephew too? Or will it become a cycle that's never-ending?

Review:
I read a lot of reviews via Goodreads before writing mine. I had zero issues with this book. It was an extremely quick, satisfying read for me. Louie really was pure evil. He was hell-bent on taking everyone down with him as long as he had fun doing it. I really enjoyed Joe and Devon's characters as well. Devon was very grown up for his age, and was right to second-guess some of the things he did within the story. I found Joe to be likable because he was really intent on avenging his brother as long as it meant saving Devon as well. Not to mention the fact that he's a writer of horror fiction. I love when books incorporate other writers or authors within them, even if they are made up.
I'm definitely going to be reading future books from Bastide. I got this book free from Amazon, but I'll be delving into his other stories as well!
Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment