Thursday, April 21, 2016

Review || Doggone Town (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, No. 13) by Stefan Petrucha


Title:  Doggone Town (Nancy Drew: Girl Detective, No. 13)
Author+Stefan Petrucha
Publisher+Papercutz
Pages: 88
Age Range: 8-12 years
Grade Level: 3-7

Disclaimer: I received this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions herein are of my own.

Synopsis from Amazon:
When Nancy Drew and Ned Nickerson attempt to return a lost dog named "Togo" to its owner in the small town of Nevershare, they stumble onto a much bigger mystery--where did all the people go? The entire population of Nevershare is missing, except for one person, and she's mean and not very helpful. Will Nancy solve this mystery before she and Ned also disappear?

Review:
When I first saw that this comic book was going to be re-published to include two graphic novels in one, I immediately e-mailed +Stefan Petrucha to see if he had any ARC's up for grabs. He didn't, but he did forward my e-mail to +Papercutz and they ended up sending me a copy! I was so excited, even if it is a book for people 8-12 years old, I believe any age range can enjoy Nancy Drew no matter what! I grew up playing the Nancy Drew games, and even though I am super huge on books, I didn't even know there was a series by the amazing Carolyn Keene until just last year. How late am I, I mean seriously?

Anyway! I love this book not only because it is a greatly drawn graphic novel with 3D CG elements and color, but also because of the simple yet clever story line with some twists and turns. Not to mention a sweet "Tales From the Crypt" mention was dropped and it made me smile! I really just loved going back in time and visiting my childhood in a familiar way with Nancy, George, Bessie, and Ned all grouping together to solve the mysteries and sometimes (almost always) that Nancy gets them into!
Reactions:

2 comments:

  1. Nancy drew! Makes me wanna play the games again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete