Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Review || A Disguise to Die For by Diane Vallere

Title: A Disguise to Die For
Author+Diane Vallere
Pages: 304
Format: ARC paperback
Rating: 4/5

Disclaimer: I received this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions herein are of my own.

Synopsis:
Margo Tamblyn has returned to her hometown after her father has a heart attack to help him run the costume shop. Blitz Manners, who doesn't exactly live up to his last name on the outside, decides to ask for help in getting forty costumes, all different, for a costume party he's having. During the party, the unthinkable happens. Margo's friend Ebony is seen brandishing a knife above Blitz's body. What ensues after is a detective story it its own. Margo puts pieces of evidence she finds together to try to figure out who killed Blitz, and for what reason exactly.

Review:
This is the first book by Vallere I've managed to get my hands on and I was not disappointed one bit. The main character, Margo, is quirky and fun-loving, and has a little Nancy Drew in her. She's fiercely loyal, and loves her dad to no end. All of the other characters that were introduced to me have great back-stories and I loved that I got to know them as well as I did Margo.
One other character who stood out to me was Willow. A new town resident. She could be described as a free-spirit who desperately and genuinely wants to help people out. The reason she stood out to me so much was because her business cards were made out of recycled paper that you could plant with seed in them. I thought that idea was so awesome so it really stuck out.
I loved the whole story and mystery plot. I had no idea the killer was who they were, even though I had a few ideas, they weren't about the right person. It had me guessing up until the very end, with a plot twist that made my mouth drop!
The only issue I had with this book was the fact that it kept repeating "this-not that." As in, "my dad, not the so-and-so." But this was only the ARC and that is the only problem I had with the book at all. I'd definitely recommend it for anyone who likes their books light but with a hint of mystery. Fans of Nancy Drew would love this new, fun-loving female character!

No comments:

Post a Comment