Tuesday, March 1, 2016

The People v. Jonathan Ludarac by Richard McLarn


Title: The People V. Jonathan Ludarac
Author: Richard McLarn
Synopsis from GoodreadsDetectives Dalton and Renfield investigate the murder of Dallas Gaines. Gaines is one of four defendants who were accused of murdering Jonathan Ludarac’s daughter but were released after a mistrial. As the detectives investigate, the case grows more complicated due to media attention, public opinion and evidence that Jonathan Ludarac’s house may be haunted. His daughter may still be alive, and Jonathan himself may be more sinister than he seems.
Review:
I always really enjoy books that are formatted in ways that aren't considered "normal" compared to other books. This book, which I found on Wattpad, follows multiple different characters over the course of a trial. I'm always reading books that deal with court settings, and I feel like Richard did an amazing job at making everything seem professional. I have no idea where he got his information over court trials from, but I felt like I was right there in the court room while everything was going on.

On the other hand, there are a ton of supernatural elements within this book as well, which if you've been following my reviews at all, you'd know I adore. It's very hard for a book to give me goosebumps. It's even more hard for books that I read to make my mouth drop. 
The People V. Jonathan Ludarac managed both of these for me and I was definitely not disappointed at all with this book.

You all should check it out! The shortened version is on Wattpad, and the extended edition is found here.

Reactions:

25 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great read. I can't wait to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son loves to read. He also won the reading challenge at his school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good find! I need a good book for my upcoming cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I write story that have courtroom scenes. I think I will check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like my kind of read! Suspenseful which would keep my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe this is from Wattpad, it's so interesting! I like stories that are realistic as well, it gives you more room for surprises and twists. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great read I have never heard of it before but will add it to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great read. So interesting! Will check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll give this a try. I have been on a project to read 20 books this year and so far, I am on track.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good book! I'll check it out thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this sounds like a great read will check it out

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review. Goosebumps and a legal mystery? Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great book. Gotta check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank for sharing I would love to try Wattpad. Checking this out tonight as soon as I have a chance and free with my self.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This book sounds so interesting! I have been really liking mystery these days. I just may continue with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great review! This books sounds just like something I'd want to read. I might give Wattpad a try too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the review! I am a big fan of crime and suspense/mystery novels and this book seems to be right down my alley! Thank you for letting me know about this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need a new book to read! Def need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh supernatural and court settings? This book sounds right up my alley! I love both crime and other-worldly novels :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cool find. I had never heard of Wattpad before. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooo I'm interested. I'm headed over to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! This one looks like a great read! I shall find this one soon.Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love books that are from multiple perspectives! I find them so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This sounds like a really interesting read. I always love detective/investigating. Honestly, my ex husband always told me I would make a really good detective. I noticed the littlest things that no one else even realizes.

    ReplyDelete