Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Unfamiliar Territory by Willthefifthalfred

Title: Unfamiliar Territory
Synopsis"It all began in a blanketing fog, between a young boy and a strange dog."
There is something strange about Alex's new school. Something really wrong with it's students. They whisper about him, make fun of him, and harass him before they ever try to get to know him. 
Everyone except the Tea Drinkers, that is. 
They welcome young, naive Alex with open arms. They take him in when everyone else avoided him like the plague. 
But something seems wrong with them, too. They are almost too nice. Too accepting. And they keep making these strange demands while their tea leaves poor Alex weak, dizzy, and confused. 
Then there's the strange dog that keeps stalking him--smiling at him like it knows something he doesn't. It comes coupled with a fog that descends into Alex's life, blinding him and stealing away the students around him. 
Little does Alex know, these people, creatures, and events are all connected -- all working with and against one another. Vying for control and dominance through any means necessary. 
And, little does Alex know, they all want a piece of him.
Read it here.

.
.
.
This
is the first Wattpad story I have ever read, and I was surprisingly very happy with it. Despite my previous notions that Wattpad is overflowing with fanfic, that is definitely not the case. There have been some stories that have caught my eye that definitely need to be praised. Like this one. It's definitely a new idea. One that I haven't heard of. I can't say much without giving any important parts away, but I can say that I absolutely adored all of the main characters, and deeply despised the characters I was supposed to hate. I'm very glad this book left me with some lingering questions that will most likely get answered in the next book called Unfamiliar Faces.

This book will make you angry, confused, happy, then send you into moods you don't think you're ever going to come out of. I love books that put my emotions all over the place. It is definitely a book recommended and one that I feel like anyone would love if they love animals and supernatural elements in their stories.

25 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great read. I really want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I love good books and reads like this. I'll head on over to check this out and see if it's something I might be interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading this post and I love supernatural elements! :-) I should check it out to get to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read a Wattpad story before, but now I'm curious to read one. Thanks for a review! The cover's truly nice, too. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the suspense of this book. I would have to read it in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a wonderful story. I will have to add it to my growing list of books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this book before! I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This really got me curious! I can't imagine what happens next, is it scary? Thanks for sharing details about this book! Now I want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tend to avoid Wattpad stories for exactly the same reason as you have, but this review has me curious. :o

    Christie's Take on Life. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to have Wattpad on my android but I had to delete it because of storage. It was a great app though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now I may change my mind on this. The story has got my interest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book is gong on my reading list

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a really interesting read, one that would make you feel a tad uncomfortable and at unease reading it but also really intrigued and curious. Those books can sometimes be the best, i.e pretty much any Stephen King book I have ever read haha. I'll have to check this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like good read. Although I dont usualky opt for supernatural novels, I'll have to check it out. // ▲ conundrumofcoitus.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds mysterious and you captured my attention! Great job on the book review and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an interesting book to read. For sure my sister would love this she is a book lover, I'd like to swing my mood by reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never read anything from this author but I did like your review. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds interesting. I love supernatural books. I'll have to check to out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds like a really interesting read and like a book that would really draw you in and keep your attention!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That sounds an interesting novel and I wonder what's wrong with everyone and with the dog. Hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  21. My nieces are addicted to Wattpad and they once told me a story from there and it's interesting. I'll tell this to them and I'm sure they will like it.

    Tahnks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is really interesting books, Looks like I want to read this. Gonna check this

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am collecting my summer read books -this is on it

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such an interesting book to read, I wish I can read this

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooooo this book sounds fantastic!!! I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete