Friday, January 15, 2016

The Little Woods: Book Review


DISCLAIMER: I received this book in exchange for an honest review. All opinions herein are of my own and are not swayed by the person who gifted me this book.
Title: The Little Woods
Author: McCormick Templeman
Pages: 338
Publisher: Random House LLC
Rating: 3/5
Buy the book: Amazon

Synopsis from Amazon:
Are the woods behind St. Bede's Academy really haunted, or does bad stuff just happen there? When Calista Wood, a new student, arrives midway through her junior year, St. Bede's feels like a normal school... until she discovers that a girl had disappeared a couple of months earlier. Some kids think she ran away, others think she was murdered, but it's only when Cally starts digging around that she finds the startling truth.

Watch as Cally enters a world of privilege, weekend-long parties, high school romances, and... well-kept secrets. This page-turner will appeal to teens looking for a fast-paced thriller. Written in a voice at once gripping and crystal clear, debut novelist, McCormick Templeman, will take readers on a twisting and turning journey as only a "new girl" can experience.
Review:
There were a few aspects of this book that I liked quite a lot. I love the boarding school scene, and I loved the drama, mystery, and the mystic-ness of the whole thing. There were a lot more aspects that I disliked. The relationships that Cally got herself into for one. I know I'd never let anyone blatantly disrespect me and get away with it, but I had to ignore it because that's what makes it a book for teenagers, I guess. I overlooked it as well because I really wanted to know what happened to Cally's sister and her teacher's daughter all those years ago. I love books that have mysteries that slowly unravel and end with after a huge climax. This book did not disappoint with that aspect. Throughout the whole book I thought the killer was two other people the whole time, and had no idea it would turn out to be the person it ended up being.



Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment