Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Breaking Wild

Name: Breaking Wild
Author+Diane Les Becquets
Publisher: Berkley
Release date: February 9, 2016
Pages: 320
Rating: 3/5
Buy the book: Amazon

Disclaimer: I was given the chance to read this book ahead of time thanks to +NetGalley+Diane Les Becquets, and Berkley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions within are of my own and may differ from person to person.

Synopsis from Amazon:
It is the last weekend of the season for Amy Raye Latour to get away. Driven to spend days alone in the wilderness, Amy Raye, mother of two, is compelled by the quiet and the rush of nature. But this time, her venture into a remote area presents a different set of dangers than Amy Raye has planned for and she finds herself on the verge of the precarious edge that she’s flirted with her entire life.
 
When Amy Raye doesn’t return to camp, ranger Pru Hathaway and her dog respond to the missing person’s call. After an unexpected snowfall and few leads, the operation turns into a search and recovery. Pru, though, is not resigned to that. The more she learns about the woman for whom she is searching, and about Amy Raye’s past, the more she suspects that Amy Raye might yet be alive. Pru’s own search becomes an obsession for a woman whose life is just as mysterious as the clues she has left behind.
 
As the novel follows Amy Raye and Pru in alternating threads, Breaking Wild 
assumes the white-knuckled pace of a thriller laying bare Amy Raye’s ultimate reckoning with the secrets of her life, and Pru’s dogged pursuit of the woman who, against all odds, she believes she can find.

My Review:
I love books written with strong women as their protagonists. Pru and Amy Ray are two perfect examples of this. I did not have any problem taking in stride Amy Ray's problems and issues. I quite enjoyed getting inside the head of the two women and finding out why and how they've came to be in the place they are today. Amy Ray's story is quite wild, and shouldn't be read if you can't handle scenes of rape or incest. I really enjoy the way +Diane Les Becquets can transplant you from your warm and cozy house and land you smack dab in the middle of the wilderness with your heart thrumming from the cold and fear of encountering a wild animal intent on ripping your heart out.
This story is riveting, heart-breaking, and hard to put down. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good, fast read and someone who really likes nature or a book that lets you into someone elses' life and teaches you why people are the way they are. It really is an eye-opening book.
Reactions:

7 comments:

  1. This book sounds very interesting. I'll need to add it to my reading list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds great. I also love a good complex female protagonist.

    x Sola | www.lifestonedadventures.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love novels with strong female protagonists. It sounds like the wilderness setting also sets the book apart. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really like nature books, but this one sounds like a pretty good read!

    All the Best,
    Allison | www.LiveLifeWellBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds really interesting - I too love books with a strong female protagonist! I may have to add this to my Christmas list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a very interesting read. I may have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the wonderful review! I really appreciate you taking the time to read and post your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete