Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Active D'Lites: The most important candy bars you will ever eat.

DISCLAIMER: I received the products below in exchange for an honest review. All opinions herein are of my own and are not swayed by activedlites.com.


I'm a person with serious immune system issues. I get sick anytime someone coughs or sneezes, and I can contract just about any infection going around. Woo-hoo! Anyway. Growing up, I really didn't care what was in my food. If I tasted good, it went in my mouth. Since I've been blogging over the past few months, I've noticed that a lot of businesses are popping up that have a multitude of health benefits. For example: gluten-free, non-GMO, or all organic. I have to admit, these businesses have definitely grown on me. So, why is this the most important candy bar you'll eat? 

These super healthy candy bars are jam-packed with probiotics. Um, Sabrina? What is a probiotic and why should I care? 

In order to have a healthy immune system, you need to have a great amount of positive bacteria located within your intestines. Your intestines are the most prone to be succeptable to stress and in turn makes them not run exactly how they should. Active D'Lites uses probiotics that go by the name of HOWARU® that are backed up by a multitude of clinical studies trialed by humans as well as 600 research papers written over it. Some of these research papers entail the benefits of eating probiotics on a daily basis can help keep everything working the way it is supposed to.

Now, onto the taste. I know a lot of people shy away from "healthy" foods because some of the just don't taste good, at all. So I understand if you're a little bit skeptical, but hear me out. These taste so good. I tried the chocolate caramel flavor first because I love chocolate and caramel together. It's probably my favorite flavor combination. I love the fact that they included a mint flavor for me to review, because it's the winter time and mint is especially popular right now! I'll be giving these to my grandma and mom because they enjoy mint a lot better than I do, but that's not a diss on this company at all! These are also amazing tasting. I love the fact that the mint flavor isn't in your face like a lot of other products out on the market. I think that's why I like this one so much. I normally dislike a lot of mint flavored candies. Last but definitely not least is the almond flavored chocolate bar. I normally dislike nuts in my chocolate, but this was okay by me. There isn't a lot packed in there, so you get a perfect mix of the chocolate as well as the nuts. 

Why else do you like these candy bars, Sabrina?

1. Each bar has a very low amount of calories. 110 to be exact!
2. There's no sugar in these! They're sweetened with Stevia which is 25-30 times sweeter than regular sugar. This one is a no-brainer.
3. As far as the probiotics go? There are 20 billion of them in one candy bar.
4. They're also low in net carbs! Perfect for those of you out there who try to steer clear of carbs! 

Thank you all so much for reading and I encourage you all to go buy these if you want a healthy 
alternative to snacking down! Have you ever tried these? If so, what's your favorite flavor?  

It would be awesome if you could:
-Follow Active D'Lites on Twitter here.
-Check our the Active D'Lites Facebook page here.

10 comments:

  1. I have never heard of these Sabrina. Nice to be introduced to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this intro to Active D'Lites. I'm always looking for healthy sweet snacks and this just may fit the bill. I'll be checking out their website!

    xoxo,
    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That looks like a great way to get probiotics! Great snack with good benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait wait wait. Did I just read candy bars... that improve your immune system?! WHERE HAVE THESE BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!

    Christie's Take on Life. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally need probiotics and digestive enzymes and vitamin D and quercetin! Seriously ! THAT IS AN ORDER!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Until now, I thought you could only get probiotics from yogurt! These bars look like the complete package - perfect for my New Year's healthy eating goals. ;)

    Jessica | Jessoshii.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look tasty! I haven't seen them in our stores but I will have to start looking for them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That’s one change I’ve noticed in myself and loved ones the older we get. We went from eating 2 burgers at mickey d’s 6 years ago to monitoring calorie intake and making cauliflower pizza crust… better late than never to start treating your body right.
    I’ll have to look into these. I love finding new snacks to mix it up and stay healthy at the same time. Plus this sounds like it has a lot of excellent things in it.

    ReplyDelete