Monday, November 9, 2015

You Were Here by Cori McCarthy: Book Review

I want to thank +NetGalley for giving me the chance to review another book! They definitely save my wallet and my house space, so I'm very thankful for that. I also want to thank +Cori McCarthy for writing this book!

Even though this book was given to me for review by +NetGalley , it was given in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed here are of my own, and may differ from person to person.



This book starts out with very strong characters, with differing personalities and so much depth that I fell in love with all of them. You have Jaycee, who's brooding personality will draw you in as well as her pain, you'll identify with Natalie with all her worrying and guilt, Mik drew me in because he's quiet, yet has a personality so big it fills a room, Zach hides behind his pain and buries himself in alcohol and video games, and Bishop's personality is told through his art triggered by his heartbreak. I love all of these characters so much, and I wanted more! The book wasn't long enough for me. *Insert cry emoji here.* +Cori McCarthy PLEASEEEEEEEEEE. Lol.

Synopsis on GoodreadsGrief turned Jaycee into a daredevil, but can she dare to deal with her past?

On the anniversary of her dardevil brother's death, Jaycee attempts to break into Jake's favorite hideout—the petrifying ruins of an insane asylum. Joined by four classmates, each with their own brand of disfunction, Jaycee discovers a map detailing her brother's exploration and the unfinished dares he left behind.

As a tribute to Jake, Jaycee vows to complete the dares, no matter how terrifying or dangerous. What she doesn't bargain on is her eccentric band of friends who challenge her to do the unthinkable: reveal the parts of herself that she buried with her brother.
Pre-order it here.

Does this sound like a book you'd like to read? If so, tell me below!
Reactions:

3 comments:

  1. It's always a good sign when you want more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I'm normally good with one book and then done, but I definitely would love something that tells me about everyone else a couple years later!

      Delete
  2. THis sounds really interesting and I'm glad it left you wanting more!

    ReplyDelete