Friday, November 6, 2015

The Passenger by Lisa Lutz: Book Review

I received this e-book from +NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I started out on this book by Lisa Lutz not knowing what to expect, but soon I was pulled into a world of murder, paranoia, and a lot of twists and turns. This is a definite must buy and you can pre-order this book here for either your Kindle - $11.99, or hardcover - $19.25. This book is well worth it, I promise. It keeps you guessing until the very end, and when you get to the end there's a huge, "Oh my God!" moment. I adore books like this.

Synopsis from Amazon:
In case you were wondering, I didn’t do it. I didn’t have anything to do with Frank’s death. I don’t have an alibi, so you’ll have to take my word for it...

Forty-eight hours after leaving her husband’s body at the base of the stairs, Tanya Dubois cashes in her credit cards, dyes her hair brown, demands a new name from a shadowy voice over the phone, and flees town. It’s not the first time.

She meets Blue, a female bartender who recognizes the hunted look in a fugitive’s eyes and offers her a place to stay. With dwindling choices, Tanya-now-Amelia accepts. An uneasy―and dangerous―alliance is born.

It’s almost impossible to live off the grid today, but Amelia-now-Debra and Blue have the courage, the ingenuity, and the desperation, to try. Hopscotching from city to city, Debra especially is chased by a very dark secret…can she outrun her past?
Again, I urge you to pre-order this because this is a book you will NOT want to miss out on.
Reactions:

4 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. It is very hard to stay off the grid so the book would be good just to see how the author does this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds soooo good! I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely! It was so good I was surprised. Lol

      Delete