Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Ivy in Bloom - The Poetry of Spring by Vanita Oelschlager: ARC Book Review (Netgalley)

I received this book on Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I do not get paid for my reviews unless I state other wise.

This book! Yes, I know it's a children's book and I'm a 20 year old who should be out of pictures right now, but I love reading children's books so I can buy them and stockpile them for my future children. This is absolutely a book I'll be buying an actual copy for my kid to read when she/he comes of age.

The illustrations made by Kristin Blackwood are perfectly polished and so, so, so vivid. She really is so talented.

Through this tale, we follow a small child who is over the dreary winter she's had to endure. The main reason that I'd pick this book to read to my child is the fact that the author, Vanita Oelschlager incorporates lines from many different extremely loved authors. Some of them included are Emily Dickinson, e.e. cummings, Dickens, and Longfellow. So although this is a children's book, yes, you get to introduce your youngsters to authors you've loved growing up as well! Below are a few pages out of the book for you to enjoy!
                                           
                                                I'll be feeling the same way once we start getting snow!

Wonderful illustrations, right?

If you want to bless your little ones with this book the link is here.

Stats:
Ages: 5 and older
Grade Level: Kindergarten through 3rd grade
Pages: 40
Publisher: Vanita Books
Hardcover

Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment