Monday, November 23, 2015

Hanover House

Name: Hanover House
Author+Brenda Novak
Publisher: Brenda Novak, Inc.
Released: September 1, 2015
Pages: 244
Rating: 5/5
Buy the book: Amazon

All opinions herein are of my own. Opinions may differ from person to person. My opinion of this book is not swayed by the person or people who have given me the chance to read this book.

Synopsis via Amazon:


Welcome to Hanover House…. Psychiatrist Evelyn Talbot has dedicated her life to solving the mysteries of the antisocial mind. Why do psychopaths act as they do? How do they come to be? Why don’t they feel any remorse for the suffering they cause? And are there better ways of spotting and stopping them? After having been kidnapped, tortured and left for dead when she was just a teenager—by her high school boyfriend—she’s determined to understand how someone she trusted so much could turn on her. So she’s established a revolutionary new medical health center in the remote town of Hilltop, Alaska, where she studies the worst of the worst. But not everyone in Hilltop is excited to have Hanover House and its many serial killers in the area. Alaskan State Trooper, Sergeant Amarok, is one of them. And yet he can’t help feeling bad about what Evelyn has been through. He’s even attracted to her. Which is partly why he worries. He knows what could happen if one little thing goes wrong...

Review:

I knew I was going to love this book as soon as I got approved for it on +NetGalley. I love any books that have to deal with killer, serial killers, or the dark side of life. That's where my Criminal Justice major stems from! What I wasn't prepared for was the fact that...this is JUST A PREQUEL!!! I love this book from beginning to end. It was just the right amount of suspenseful with the right amount of sexual tension mixed in with a super hot police officer who's nickname literally means wolf. Can I get an "Ahhh wooo" anyone? You'll want to after you read this book.

This book introduces some of the characters that will be featured in the up-coming book Whiteout that will be released in September 2016. Highly anticipated from me! Who doesn't love a great book that makes you want to keep a night-light on by your bed?
Reactions:

4 comments:

  1. Just a prequel? And what a long wait, I hate waiting. Waiting is so evil when books are good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have gottent this one, I was tempted but held off. It sounds like it is a terrific introdcuction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this one sounds good and I like Brenda Novak. Must check it out!

    ReplyDelete