Tuesday, November 10, 2015

BookCase Club Review Post!


Ah! I was so excited to see that I had a little pink slip from the mailman telling me to pick my package up at the post office! Seeing the BookCase Club name at the top made me so excited to see what books I had coming to me!

About BookCase Club:
For each time someone signs up or renews their subscription the staff at BookCase Club donates a book to a charity centered around books. They've partnered with Books for Keeps (+Judith Sharman+Leslie Hale) and they donate a children's book for every subscription that's active!
You can get a BookCase Club box for just $9.99 + $5 shipping every month, billed on the 10th of every month, and they're shipped out on the first day of each month from their store located in Atlanta, GA. They currently only ship within the U.S. Your box comes with 2 hand-picked novels that are based off of your reading preferences. 

You get to choose between six, yes SIX choices.

1. Blind Date Case - Paranormal Romance
2. Strange Worlds Case - Sci-Fi/Fantasy
3. Teenage Dreams Case - YA
4. Thrill Seeker Case - Mystery/Thriller
5. Read to Me Case - Children's picture books
6. Booking for Love Case - Romance

Website: http://www.bookcase.club/
E-Mail: contact@bookcase.club
Twitter: @bookcaseclub
Instagram: @bookcaseclub
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/bookcaseclub/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bookcaseclub?_rdr=p

The Review:


I absolutely love how minimalist and uncomplicated BookCase Club is! You don't have flashy colors, (which I like on occasion) but BookCase Club gets right down to the point with their boxes. On the inside they give you a hashtag to use to boast about your purchase! #BCCUNBOXING!

After opening it I immediately saw Stephen King and I was so excited! I've been meaning to get Mr. Mercedes since I first heard about it. The other book that's titled Seven for A Secret by Lyndsay Faye I hadn't heard of, but what sold me was the cover as well as seeing Gillian Flynn on the cover giving the book praise! That's an automatic yes in my eyes because Flynn is one of my favorite authors!

The Breakdown:

Mr. Mercedes: $16.60 for a hardcover from Amazon. 436 pages. A very well-known author.
Seven For A Secret: $26.95 for a hardcover from Amazon. 444 pages. I hadn't heard of the author, but she's been nominated for an Edgar for Best Novel.

That's $43.55 (not including s&h) via Amazon for a steal price of $14.99!
I encourage everyone to check out their website and to even sign up if you feel like getting awesome books in the mail for a low price!

Reactions:

16 comments:

  1. Oooh book box :D That's a killer deal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why havent I heard of this yet? Will certainly check it out. And that they donate a book, bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I was not disappointed at all! They even included a wonderful handwritten note in it. :)

      Delete
  3. WHAT?! A book box?! Oh my. It's a shame they only operate in the US right now (come to Australia, damn it!). This is such a great idea and it's just gorgeous that they'll donate books to. Fingers crossed something similar opens up over here. :)

    Christie's Take on Life. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of book boxes! Look up subscription book boxes. :) I love them all.
      This is one of the cheaper ones with great deals, so hopefully they'll start sending worldwide soon.

      Delete
  4. This is awesome! I want to sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I had heard somewhere else about a book club. I am considering it for my daughter for a Christmas present. I am working on some books now and one goal next year will be to read more books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I had heard somewhere else about a book club. I am considering it for my daughter for a Christmas present. I am working on some books now and one goal next year will be to read more books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Replied to the wrong comment so I had to delete my last! Lol! You should get it for her! It's awesome and perfect for giving back as well. :)

      Delete
  7. I may have to check this out since my oldest daughter can go through a book in two days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! They send pretty big books so it should keep her busy for awhile! I'm the same way. Lol.

      Delete
  8. Ooh this sounds like a book box I could actually enjoy (and afford lol). I always want to try one but never do because I figure they'll be books I won't like and then that's a total waste of money. But since this actually offers a paranormal romance box, I just might have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should! I was not let down at all!

    ReplyDelete