Thanks to Feed Your Fiction Addictions for this one!
Okay, I admittedly haven't read about too many animals in books. Some of my favorites, though, were introduced in Harry Potter. I was, and still am a huge Harry Potter fan. Those books as well as +Lemony Snicket shaped me into who I am as a bookworm today. Thank you Daniel Handler and J.K. Rowling!
Moving on, I absolutely adored Hedwig in the series. The way she (he in the movies) was always there for Harry made me a bit teary eyes to be honest with you all. I have a big heart for animals, especially ones that would do anything for their loved ones. I remember being a bit addicted to getting my hands on any and every book I could about owls, especially snow owls because I loved them so much. I have yet to see one in person, though. Besides the ones that are always in cages at local fairs. It makes me sad to see, those. Their eyes look like they've been so betrayed. :(
Another animal I loved in Harry Potter was Crookshanks. Moody, intelligent Crookshanks. Perfect for Hermione Granger! To quote Sirius, "He's the most intelligent of his kind I've ever met." Who doesn't love a huge cat with a lion-like resemblance?
Those two are really the only animals I absolutely fell head over heels in love with within the books I've read so far! They're definitely lovable aren't they? Crookshanks might take awhile to warm up to, but cats have big personalities!
Powered by Blogger.
- October (2)
- September (14)
- August (20)
- July (5)
- June (2)
- April (12)
- March (7)
- February (14)
- January (13)
- December (26)
- An Evil Mind
- Hanover House
- Finding Hope by Colleen Nelson ARC review.
- Werewolf High: The Truth Spell #1 by Anita Oh! Boo...
- The Space Between Trees
- Forgotten Bookmarks: A Bookseller's Collection of ...
- Dead Ringer
- Angels Burning by Tawni O'Dell
- How Books Made Me a Better Person
- Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
- Island of Echoes Review + Author Interview with Ro...
- The Girl With No Past: A Gripping Psychological Th...
- You've Got Mail!
- Fablehaven Book 1 Review
- Hello Readers!
- BookCase Club Review Post!
- You Were Here by Cori McCarthy: Book Review
- Musing Mondays!
- When Things Don't Fit: A Blog Post of Frustration
- Animals in Books: November Discussion Challenge!
- The Passenger by Lisa Lutz: Book Review
- Weekly Round-Up: Books for Review!
- Monthly Goals Linky!
- Waterfall Designs Mug Review!
- Some Very Book-ish Questions: Part 1
- Pen to Paper: Wishlist Wednesday!
- Questions from From This Side of the Pond!
- Diary of a Haunting by M. Verano: Book Review
- Ivy in Bloom - The Poetry of Spring by Vanita Oels...